We have had an issue with a job we set up to trigger a script across 8 servers using a parallel step sequence.Some time the job runs fine but, about twice a week, 2 servers in the parallel steps will fail out because the script was run twice. We are mystified as to the cause since on other days, the job runs fine.
What we know:
1. The steps trigger a ksh script that creates a log with a time stamp as its first step.
2. We know from that time stamp that the 2nd fire is about 1 - 4 seconds after the first
3. There are no repeat parameters or retry parameters setup for this job.
4. When you set the job up as sequential that the issue does not occur
5. There is no second steps running in the build log, it simply fires the script off a second time with the exact same arguments.
I will attach the build log for the 2 failed jobs we have. Let me know what else you need